Dalgona Coffee originates from Korean social networking sites and is quickly loved by young people. This drink is commented to have a delicious taste, similar to the famous Dalgona sponge candy. During the Covid-19 epidemic at the beginning of the year, Dalgona coffee was a hot trend because it helped many people make coffee at home, as well as a new dish. Here are 4 simple Korean Dalgona Coffee recipes, you can completely become a bartender at home!
I. Ingredients for making Dalgona Coffee
To make a cup of Dalgona Coffee is quite simple, you just need to prepare 4 basic ingredients below:
1 pack of instant black coffee/ 3 teaspoons ground 5 teaspoons sugar 5 tablespoons boiling water 200ml fresh milk (unsweetened or sweetened)
II. How to make Dalgona Coffee
Depending on preferences and tools, 2 Dep shares with readers 4 ways to make Dalgona Coffee in the traditional way, with an egg beater, shaking with a glass bottle and whisking filter coffee by machine. Please refer to:
1. Traditional way of making Dalgona Coffee
– Step 1: Put instant coffee + sugar + boiling water in a bowl in the ratio 1:1:1.
– Step 2: Use a whisk to beat the mixture until it becomes a stiff foam. In theory, Dalgona Coffee needs to be stirred about 400 times, but in practice it can be 10 times. Therefore, this concoction is suitable for those of you who have a lot of free time at home and… want to exercise your hands.
– Step 3: Finally, put ice cubes and pour fresh milk into the glass. Ladle the freshly whipped coffee foam and put it on top.
2. Make Dalgona Coffee with an egg beater
Basically, the ingredients and the way to prepare Dalgona Coffee with an egg beater are quite similar to the traditional way. However, instead of using a hand whisk, you can use a whisk instead.
This method is quite simple, you just need to turn on the machine at strong mode and beat for 2 to 3 minutes, the liquid will freeze into a creamy foam. Remember to tilt the cup to make it easier to beat and to avoid splashing the dirty solution.
3. Mixing Dalgona Coffee according to the way of filtering coffee
– Step 1: Put 3 teaspoons of ground coffee into the filter.
– Step 2: Pour boiling water into the coffee filter, rinse it once.
– Step 3: Put the filter on the cup and pour about 50ml of boiling water for the coffee to drip down.
– Step 4: Pour into a mixing bowl, add sugar and beat with a whisk until foamy. Or you can use your hand as the first method if you are free and strong.
– Step 5: Put in a glass of ice cubes, fresh milk and scoop the Dalgona layer on top and enjoy.
4. Make Dalgona Coffee by shaking a glass bottle
– Step 1: Add instant coffee + sugar + boiling water in the ratio 1:1:1
– Step 2: Close the lid tightly and shake well until the mixture thickens. However, this recipe also takes a lot of time and is only suitable for those who want to exercise their hands a lot.
– Step 3: Finally, put ice cubes, fresh milk into the glass and then scoop the foamed coffee on top.
Above are 4 ways to prepare standard Korean Dalgona Coffee like a bartender. If you have free time, try to make the hottest “sponge coffee” dish today! Good luck.