Phu Yen is a coastal city in the South Central Coast. From the movie I see yellow flowers on green grass, Phu Yen became a famous tourist destination, attracting young tourists. But “with powder to clean the lake”, Phu Yen inherently has many attractive attractions such as Ganh Da Dia, Bai Xep, Mui Dien … But few people know that this place also has a floating bridge. Famous for its idyllic, rustic look named Ong Cop wooden bridge is also very interesting.
Where is Ong Cop wooden bridge?
Ong Cop wooden bridge is also known by other names such as Mieu Ong Cop bridge or Binh Thanh bridge. This special bridge crosses the Phu Ngan river and is the point connecting An Ninh Tay and Tay An villages with Xuan Dai ward of Song Cau town. This wooden bridge is not only a bridge for traffic and trade activities of people on both sides of the bridge but also a check-in point for “thousands of people” in Phu Yen.
Special features of Ong Cop wooden bridge
Ong Cop wooden bridge was invested and built in 1998. This bridge has a width of about 2.3 meters and a length of more than 800 meters, this is also the longest wooden bridge in Vietnam today. This bridge uses wooden planks from casuarina and white wisteria as the main construction materials, the bridge wall is made of old bamboo trunks. Therefore, Ong Cop wooden bridge is only designed for people who walk or use bicycles and motorbikes to move back and forth. In particular, at the foot of the bridge, casuarina trees are always available so that when there is a broken board, it can be used to repair.
Looking back from afar, Ong Cop wooden bridge looks quite small in the middle of the immense sea. Besides the simple and rustic wooden bridges, you can also admire the surrounding poetic natural scenery with casuarina groves and emerald green water. Especially, when the sunset falls, the last rays of the day fall down to the foot of the long bridge, the weak sunlight makes the river surface and the wooden bridge become even more fanciful.
Notes when coming to Ong Cop wooden bridge
– At the top of the bridge in Xuan Dai ward, there will be a toll collection point for passing vehicles. Pedestrians need to pay 1 thousand / 1 turn, motorbike riders pay 3 thousand / 1 time and if there are more goods, they need to pay 5 thousand / 1 turn and students are free.
– Ong Cop wooden bridge is made of wood, so it will definitely have a feeling of shaking and uncertainty compared to a normal reinforced concrete bridge. Therefore, if you are not a person with a firm handlebar, you should not use a motorbike to move on the bridge.
– Ong Cop wooden bridge is a shortcut leading to many famous tourist attractions of Phu Yen such as Mang Lang church, O Loan lagoon, Ganh Da Dia … so you can combine moving to these places when to the wooden bridge.
How to get to Ong Cop wooden bridge
– From Tuy Hoa city, go on Le Duan street and go straight to Petrolimex 17 gas station and turn right to see An Hoa People’s Committee.
– Go straight to An Hoa bridge towards National Highway 1A and then ask the locals how to get to Ong Cop wooden bridge.