Moc Chau is a district of Son La province, about 200km from Hanoi. Besides Sapa, Ha Giang, this is also a popular tourist destination in the North.
Directions to Moc Chau
Currently, visitors can only travel to Moc Chau by road. If you choose public transport, you should choose to take a sleeper bus at night to save time. If you choose a private vehicle, you just need to move along Highway 6 and can combine to visit other tourist destinations such as Mai Chau, Thung Nai, Hoa Binh…
In December, Moc Chau is in the plum blossom season
Moc Chau is beautiful every season, every season is “love”. Each season is marked with different flower seasons. When the bright peach color blooms in the sky; when the flowers are white, the plum flowers are pure and full of life; sometimes it’s the yellow wild sunflowers, dotted on the green background of the hills…
However, December is the time when Moc Chau is in the plum blossom season. When heaven and earth, mountains and forests are dyed white by plum flowers, is also the time when Moc Chau is the most beautiful and worth going.
However, Moc Chau still has many other beautiful flower seasons:
– From January to March: Peach and plum blossom season.
– From March to April: Ban flower season.
– November: Cauliflower season.
– December: The season of plum blossoms, wild sunflowers
Moc Chau self-sufficient travel itinerary 3 days 2 nights
Depending on interests and time, each person has a different way of arranging a sightseeing schedule. However, for those who are new to Moc Chau for the first time, do not know how to arrange tourist attractions so that it is convenient, you can refer to the 3-day 2 night schedule below.
– 20h00: Depart from Hanoi city center to Hang Kia (Hoa Binh).
– 23h30: Rest at homestay.
– 5:40: Catch the dawn, hunt clouds at the village and explore tourist attractions around Hang Kia.
– 9h00: Depart to Moc Chau, stop to take pictures in the villages with beautiful plum blossoms. The beginning of December is when plum blossoms in Mu Nau valley are blooming beautifully. However, around the end of December, if you want to hunt plum blossoms, go to Na Ka valley.
– 11:30: Go to Moc Chau to eat and rest.
– 13h30: Move to Pa Phach village to take pictures of canola and plum flowers.
– 15h00: Visit Chieng Khoa waterfall, 20km from Moc Chau.
– 17h00: Return to homestay to eat and rest.
– 5 a.m.: Welcoming the dawn at Moc Chau tea hill.
– 7 am: Depart to Na Ka village, Phieng Canh village, heart tea hill.
– 12 o’clock: Return to Moc Chau for lunch.
– 15:00: Return to Hanoi, end the 3-day 2-night itinerary to discover Moc Chau.
The 3-day 2-night schedule is suitable for office workers, only 2 days off on weekends. Besides the above locations, you can also change, add or remove some destinations to suit your preferences.
Some notes when traveling to Moc Chau
– Moc Chau weather is usually cold in the early morning and at night. You should prepare warm clothes, thick coats. In addition, an umbrella is also very useful in case of sudden fog or rain!
– If you do not stay in the central area, please limit going out late at night because the street is empty and there are no lights.
– Moc Chau self-sufficient travel cost is not too high. However, you should still prepare some cash because there are quite a few ATMs here and most services rarely use electronic payment methods.
Only 4-5 hours by car from Hanoi, you will be able to touch the clouds, watch the mountains from above and enjoy the fresh air. What are you waiting for, go on a trip with your friends right away!
Some delicious restaurants in Moc Chau
– Green Moc Chau Restaurant
– Dong Hai Restaurant
– Restaurant 75 Moc Chau Northwest
Some beautiful homestays in Moc Chau
– Chez Chi Homestay Moc Chau
– My House Homestay
– Butter house homestay Moc Chau
– Fairy House Homestay